Friday 24 August 2012

Gone shootin'

I walked forward to touch the wicked black barrel of the air rifle. It was as cold as ice, it felt like an evil presence lurking as it looked at the target ahead. Touching the 'evil' surface I imagined what this could do to some-one. I quickly slammed the door in my head to that grusome thought. I picked it up. It must have weighed as much as an elephant. (Not that I'd know how heavy a elephant would be.) I cracked it, and just had a glance down the barrel, just to make sure it wasn't blocked, it wasn't, so I picked up a pellet and smiled at it lying on my hand. The tiny reflection smiled back at me. It was as if it knew what was going to happen to it. I put it in my barrel and put the gun in firing mode. I quickly got my target, the bullseye, and I lined it up, green dots level, check, red dot in middle of them, check. I had my target so I pulled back the trigger... The bang deafened my ears, the force made me put a step back. I cracked the gun so it couldn't accidently fire and looked at my result... It had gone in the 8 point zone, 9 being the best. Not to bad, I thought to myself. I shrugged and loaded again.

The End    

1 comment:

  1. A cool piece of writing Toby. I love the way you shared your thoughts and used personification! Where do you think the paragraphs would go?
    You certainly do need to be respectful of the power of a gun and the damage it can cause. They are not things to joke around with, but can also provide food and a good hobby. I should know... we have a few ducks and some venison in the freezer!

    ReplyDelete