Wednesday 17 October 2012

Blind man gets tasered by British police

Blind man tasered after British policeman mistakes stick for sword.


British police apologise after a policeman using a stun gun on a blind man, Colin Farmers after mistaking his stick for a Samurai sword. The poor man said that he thought that he was going to die after hearing a commotion and then feeling electricity surge through-out his body and knocked to the ground by who he soon found out to be one the British Police Force. This unusual incident happened on occurred in the town of Chorley, in northern England's Lancashire County, on Friday (local time). "It seemed to be going on forever, I was convinced that someone was going to murder me in plain sight" The 61 year-old told Sky news television. "The Officer jumped on the small of my back with his knees, the way he would with a real criminal, wrenched my arms up and cuffed me so hard I was in a lot of pain. I was shouting all this time I'm blind, I'm blind!"

Lancashire Police Chief Stuart Williams (The assaulting officer) said police brought the victim to a local hospital to be checked out after they realised they had used the weapon against the wrong man.


Re-written by Toby Weston

Blind man tasered by British police officer.

3 comments:

  1. Crikey Toby, what an intriguing article! That poor man! Can you imagine being blind and having your other senses heightened as a result and then going through that?! I wonder what steps the police had taken leading up to the incident to ascertain if the main was truly a danger or not?!
    What do you think about all of this?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this proves that the police still makes mistakes!

    Venice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor guy! I hope there were no magor injuries!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete